I run 1 to 1 and 1 to 2 tutoring sessions from my home in Southborough, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact me for further information.
My tutoring style…why me?
My tutoring style and philosophy stands out for a number of reasons:
- I don’t just go through exam papers and questions. I teach concepts in order for them to learn and improve their knowledge, skills and understanding.
- All marking of test papers is done by myself outside the tuition time. Marking while the children are working on something else is not beneficial for the children.
- I do not get children to sit doing long exam papers within the session. Instead, practice papers are set for homework and I use the session time to interact with the children.
- I am very aware of the attention span of children and I feel sessions longer than an hour are not very productive. Nearer the examination time, parents can request a small number of longer sessions over the Summer holidays if they wish.
- I am flexible with the payments and can adapt to the needs of parents.
- My students make excellent progress and this is reflected in their exam success and also in their progress at school in general.
- When studying for the 11 plus, the student passing the exams with flying colours is obviously the aim. In addition, a child needs to develop his/her understanding as much as possible during the 11 plus preparation to enable them to flourish at their chosen grammar school. They will need firm foundations on which to build in their secondary years.
- I offer a personalised service which some of the large tuition centres lack. I teach using a range of resources which I have developed over many years.